none
Can't change symbol RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Money 2006 Deluxe.

I have 1 stock that imports into the portfolio (pocketsense) with cussip numbers instead of stock symbol and during the import process askes me whether I want to change the symbol. but it will not let me do it because the symbol for some reason is not in the data base. Is there a way to force it?

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:56 AM

All replies

• To change the symbol for a stock, right-click any reference and choose GoToInvestment or InvestmentDetails. Change the symbol, and click Done.

If you already have a security with that symbol already, you will need to locate that, and blank or change the symbol for that security first. If you have trouble finding that security, check back.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:29 AM
  • Through previous mergers or buy outs I must have assigned the wrong symbol to this particular stock.

Now, after import this comes up: "This investment is already in my portfolio with a different name. I am using.........."

After entering the correct name it asks for the symbol, but it won't let me enter it because it is not available in my data base. I probably could enter it as a new investment, but then I lose all the data on this investment. 

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:57 PM
  • Suppose the symbol is XYZ. Try entering a fake
    dividend for XYZ into the name of the investment; type those three
    letters, and then hit Tab.  Choose Dividend.  Note that the name in
    the box may have changed.  Finish creating the dividend.

Right-click that dividend, and choose GoToInvestment.  Click
    Details.  Whatever that investment is, if the symbol is XYZ, blank
    or change its symbol.  If the name is XYZ, Rename it to something
    else.

The symbol XYZ should now be freed up.  Delete the fake dividend.

Then change the symbol on the correct security to XYZ.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:15 PM