none
[debugger-for-chrome] Error processing "launch": Script execution is prohibited

Question

• Hi,

When trying to run one of my Asp.Net Core 2.1 applications using Visual Studio 2017 (using IIS express) in Google Chrome, I get the following error message:
    [debugger-for-chrome] Error processing "launch": Script execution is prohibited

I've tried running Visual Studio with admin privileges, but the error persists.

The issue seems to only be on one of my projects (other projects run fine). Which leads me to believe that it may be a config issue somewhere.

How should I go about trying to resolve this issue? I'm not sure where to start and internet searches for this specific error have come up empty so far.

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 8:05 AM

Answers

• After some investigation we where able to determine that the issue was due to JavaScript being blocked in the instance of Chrome that was opened each time we ran the project.

After allowing JavaScript in the instance of Chrome (Settings > Privacy and security > Content settings > JavaScript), everything runs as expected.

• Marked as answer by FJvdM Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:14 PM
    Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:14 PM

All replies

• After some investigation we where able to determine that the issue was due to JavaScript being blocked in the instance of Chrome that was opened each time we ran the project.

After allowing JavaScript in the instance of Chrome (Settings > Privacy and security > Content settings > JavaScript), everything runs as expected.

• Marked as answer by FJvdM Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:14 PM
    Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:14 PM
  • Thanks for your sharing, FJvdM.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

14 hours 38 minutes ago