Error with MSCRMServices and Outlook Client RRS feed

• Question

•  

HI, Does anyone know what this error means.?

The application is showing in an error in a DLL which doesn't appear to existing on the system. Does anyone have Microsoft.Crm.Discovery.dll in their installation source?

Server Error in '/MSCRMServices' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not create type 'Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Crm2007.CrmDiscoveryServiceAD'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ WebService Language="c#" Class="Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Crm2007.CrmDiscoveryServiceAD" Codebehind="Microsoft.Crm.Discovery.dll" %>

Source File: /MSCRMServices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Monday, February 4, 2008 10:22 AM

Answers

• Dear

CRMAppPool application pool does not have the Publisher for Microsoft Dynamics CRM role , try to check the MS CRM services.. and roles.

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:

1. Find the user. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. On the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server, click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc /s, and then click OK to open Computer Management.
    b. Expand Services and Applications, expand Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, expand Application Pools, right-click CRMAppPool, and then click Properties.
    c. In the CRMAppPool Properties dialog box, note the value in the Predefined box on the Identity tab.

Note The value is the user who you want to find.
    2. Set the Publisher for Microsoft Dynamics CRM role to the user. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. On the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server, type the following address in the Address bar in Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then click Go to open IIS:
    http://server/
    Note SRSServer is a placeholder that represents an actual name of a Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services server.
    b. Click the Microsoft Dynamics CRM company name.

Note The Microsoft Dynamics CRM company name resembles the following:
    CRM_Company_Name_MSCRM
    c. On the Properties tab, click Security.
    d. Check to see whether the user who you found in step 1 is listed.

Note If the user is not listed, click New Role Assignment.
    e. In the Group or user name box, type the name of the user who you noted in step 1c.

Note If the name of the user is "Network Service," type the following name in the Group or user name box:
    NT Authority\Network Service
    f. Click to select the Publisher for Microsoft CRM check box, and then click OK.

Plz see implementation guide fro this.

Regards,

Imran

Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:46 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Anton,

You can find help on this topic on:

http://www.philiprichardson.org/blog/post/Part-4-ASPNET-Applications-on-the-CRM-Server.aspx

Inform if you resolve/get stuck this issue even after reading this document...

Thursday, February 7, 2008 7:13 AM
  • Hello Sohaib,

I am getting the same error as Anton, but I cannot resolve this based on this link. Mine is a 'clean' CRM 4.0 install on SBE, with no custom code at all. The Web client works fine, but I get this error when trying to configure an Outlook Client or connect the Data Migration client.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thanx

Monday, February 11, 2008 8:27 PM
  •  

HI Sohaib,

Still no luck, this asmx is trying to call a DLL that doesn't exist on my sytem.

Does it exist on yours?

Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:25 AM
  • Dear

CRMAppPool application pool does not have the Publisher for Microsoft Dynamics CRM role , try to check the MS CRM services.. and roles.

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:

1. Find the user. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. On the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server, click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc /s, and then click OK to open Computer Management.
    b. Expand Services and Applications, expand Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, expand Application Pools, right-click CRMAppPool, and then click Properties.
    c. In the CRMAppPool Properties dialog box, note the value in the Predefined box on the Identity tab.

Note The value is the user who you want to find.
    2. Set the Publisher for Microsoft Dynamics CRM role to the user. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. On the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server, type the following address in the Address bar in Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then click Go to open IIS:
    http://server/
    Note SRSServer is a placeholder that represents an actual name of a Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services server.
    b. Click the Microsoft Dynamics CRM company name.

Note The Microsoft Dynamics CRM company name resembles the following:
    CRM_Company_Name_MSCRM
    c. On the Properties tab, click Security.
    d. Check to see whether the user who you found in step 1 is listed.

Note If the user is not listed, click New Role Assignment.
    e. In the Group or user name box, type the name of the user who you noted in step 1c.

Note If the name of the user is "Network Service," type the following name in the Group or user name box:
    NT Authority\Network Service
    f. Click to select the Publisher for Microsoft CRM check box, and then click OK.

Plz see implementation guide fro this.

Regards,

Imran

Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:46 AM
  • Hi Imran,

Thanks for your help but I had already check the security settings. The MSCRM Services seems to be trying to access a DLL that doesn't exist. Can you confirm if the CrmDiscovery.dll exists on your installation?

Thursday, February 21, 2008 1:15 PM
  • Here is the fix I came up with for my implementation.

Uninstall the software and during the reinstall you will be given two choices. One- download the strongly recommended updates or the bottom radio button choice use the default which will only install from the disk or file from their prescribed site. If you install from the second choice your implantation will be successful. The first choice will install files that are not complete. Which will present the aforementioned error?

So in conclusion when you come to a stop sign it is ok to go sometimes......

Friday, July 11, 2008 8:16 PM
  • Michael

I appear to have the same problem as you do. When I run the Outlook client externally the login fails and when I run the diagnostics I get an error about the web service URL not responding - http://domainname/MSCRMServices.

I've checked the settings in SRS as mentioned and Network Service is listed there as a Publisher for Microsoft CRM.

I'm very wary of uninstalling everything and reinstalling. Did you completely uninstall or run a repair?

How did you discover what DLL was being called? The one you say doesn't exist in your install.

Thanx for any help you can offer.

Steven

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:10 PM
  • I have this problem too. I have CRM 4.0 installed on windows server 2008. My database is on a seperate server running SQL 2005.

I got the client installed on computers that are on the same network as my CRM server by specifying http://<computername>/<organization>. This obviously doesn't work for users outside the network because the <computername> doesn't resolve in DNS.

How do I get the Outlook client to work on http://crm.domain.com:5555/CRM? The web client works great, but the Outlook client errors out with Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'. Later in the error message it says CRMDiscoveryServices.asmx does not exist.

I've already added the web client to my local intranet with the auto-logon setting and it works great. This is a fresh install of CRM 4.0 with no customizations. I am very frustrated and my boss is pissed....

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 11:02 PM