1 stock, ( ATLS) out of 20 not updating RRS feed

• Question

• ATLS has been through mergers, name changes etc and during this period I must have goofed  up and is the only stock that does not update in the portfolio. The symbol is correct and also the name (Atlas Energy). I noticed that when I do the "Analize Portfolio" ATLS is listed twice with different data.
    Monday, December 3, 2012 5:16 PM

All replies

• Tell us more about your Money version and your method of downloading.
    Monday, December 3, 2012 11:09 PM
  • I am using Money 2006 Deluxe and use the ofxpy-pocketsense for downloading. ATLS is listed in "sites.dat" within a group of all stocks.
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:28 AM
  • If you are downloading from your broker, you may be able to just remove the ATLS from sites.dat. Expect the closing price to come in with the OFX data.

Anyway, with two instances of ATLS, you may want to rename the one you want to be rid of, and blank its symbol. Then change all of the transactions for the wrong instance to the right ATLS. Then Delete the wrong one.

Since PocketSense uses the symbol rather than the CUSIP for quotes, and Money does not allow two securities with the same symbol AFAIK, blanking the symbol on the wrong one and putting the symbol on the right one should get the quotes right.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 4:14 AM
  • Thanks for the replys. I just noticed that I wasn't correct. Even though the portfolio "change" column (price) consistently shows "unchanged", the price changes. That's where the confusion comes in.

Now I should find out when the price changes, probably when ever I download with "get data".

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 5:06 AM
  • The %change column is not computed by Money but is downloaded from Microsoft server. If that column is working (changing and getting the correct amount) then you are still getting at least some data directly from Microsoft rather than just via PocketSense.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/thread/60e14c6f-8a34-4f48-a286-69f9d6a62dfb lists the portfolio columns that do work without Microsoft servers having to provide the data.

On the quotes that PocketSense downloads, Money remembers the first price it sees on a given day. Thus you should probably wait until the markets have been closed for 20 minutes before fetching quotes with PocketSense.

Further, with many brokers, the closing price is downloaded with the OFX file. This file is typically not ready for download until maybe midnight or 1 AM at the broker's time zone. There is a possiblity that these quotes will be attributed to the next day. The timeOffset values are aimed at this. In addition, there is sometimes a time when quotes for a given broker are in flux. Downloading around that time can give recorded quotes that are a day off.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:21 AM
  • I am not so much interested in the %change, but rather the actual change in dollar & cents, and that is updated every time I open the portfolio. Evidently that's still being done by the Microsoft Server. That workes for all my stocks except of course for ATLS in my case.

Let me ask this, could I eradicate everything that has to do with ATLS from Money and then have it imported again from the broker?

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:57 PM