Remote Access question - Feature request RRS feed

• Question

• Has anybody seen any indication of changes in the remote access/remote desktop capabilities with Vail?  Specifically with WHS V1 you could ONLY gain remote desktop access to the server itself and any PRO level clients (XP Pro, Windows Vista Pro and up, Windows 7 Pro and up)?  I know this is a limitation in the OS/licensing for the OS, but Microsoft DOES have a workaround for this, Live Mesh.  It would be nice to see a Live Mesh type of remote desktop access intergrated in the WHS clients. 

Eric

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:03 PM

Answers

• Live Mesh is a somewhat ugly workaround to the Remote Desktop question, I'm told. I don't think there are plans to include it in Windows Home Server, probably for all the reasons it's not there today.

In any case, per the announcement above, product suggestions, feature requests, and bug reports should be submitted through Connect .

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:53 PM
  • There is currently no work around to connect to clients that don’t support RDP.  Additionally Mesh is not included Vail, but is on our radar.

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights.

"Ken Warren" wrote in message news:759c7a18-7955-4f05-91c5-6408aaab2237...

Live Mesh is a somewhat ugly workaround to the Remote Desktop question, I'm told. I don't think there are plans to include it in Windows Home Server, probably for all the reasons it's not there today.

In any case, per the announcement above, product suggestions, feature requests, and bug reports should be submitted through Connect ..

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:36 PM

All replies

• Live Mesh is a somewhat ugly workaround to the Remote Desktop question, I'm told. I don't think there are plans to include it in Windows Home Server, probably for all the reasons it's not there today.

In any case, per the announcement above, product suggestions, feature requests, and bug reports should be submitted through Connect .

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:53 PM
  • There is currently no work around to connect to clients that don’t support RDP.  Additionally Mesh is not included Vail, but is on our radar.

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights.

"Ken Warren" wrote in message news:759c7a18-7955-4f05-91c5-6408aaab2237...

Live Mesh is a somewhat ugly workaround to the Remote Desktop question, I'm told. I don't think there are plans to include it in Windows Home Server, probably for all the reasons it's not there today.

In any case, per the announcement above, product suggestions, feature requests, and bug reports should be submitted through Connect ..

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:36 PM