New WHS Installation Failure RRS feed

• Question

• So I bought a new Barebones Kit, motherboard, processor, & (4) 1.5 TB Drives. I installed a DVD drive from another machine as well as a floppy drive. I put the WHS DVD in the drive and boot the machine. It finds the DVD to boot from, sees all 4 drives as well as the SYS drive, and walks all the way thru the install. The last process it says before it reboots is "reseting OS Software". When the system reboots it wants to do the install all over again. It stays in this loop as long as I want to keep doing it. I have let it go three times consecutively to ensure I wasn't stopping it to soon. I have also taken the WHS DVD out after the first install and then it complains it has "no media to boot from". I believe it must be a hardware issue but the only way I could think to isolate it was try to install XP Pro W SP3. When I try that it works fine???

I notice it does see Sata Drive Zero which seemed to be something to ensure but I am out of ideas. Anyone out there have some recommendations?
    • Moved by kariya21Moderator Monday, January 4, 2010 3:43 AM Installation issue (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 6:43 PM

Answers

• Can you try disconnecting all but one hard disk and then repeat the install? If it completes successfully you can later plug in the other disks and add them to the storage pool.
    • Marked as answer by SSchany Monday, January 4, 2010 12:32 PM
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 8:29 PM

All replies

• Can you try disconnecting all but one hard disk and then repeat the install? If it completes successfully you can later plug in the other disks and add them to the storage pool.
    • Marked as answer by SSchany Monday, January 4, 2010 12:32 PM
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 8:29 PM
  • Thanks Mark,

You have me started down the right track. The install looked completely different when I only had the one drive in. I was able to get the software loaded and will now proceed on. Thanks again for the help!!
    Monday, January 4, 2010 12:33 PM