Text Search in C++ RRS feed

• Question

• how can i make a text search for example when i write character on the text it Give me all the possibilities that begin with the same character from database  
    • Moved by Baron Bi Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:43 AM More related to database
    Saturday, June 2, 2018 7:58 PM

All replies

• how can i make a text search for example when i write character on the text it Give me all the possibilities that begin with the same character from database  
    • Moved by Danny van DamMVP Tuesday, June 5, 2018 6:23 AM
    • Merged by Baron Bi Wednesday, June 20, 2018 8:18 AM duplicated case
    Saturday, June 2, 2018 1:34 PM
  • You might have better luck asking in one of the Visual C++ forums.
    Saturday, June 2, 2018 6:33 PM
  • From Databse ? Elaborate your question little bit more what is your requirement. In general you can write a query to perform text search on database and then can execute this query from your C++ application and display the output in your application.

Thanks

Rupesh Shukla

Sunday, June 3, 2018 2:38 PM
  • You say "text" and if that means you are going to do a lookup for everything typed into a textbox then performance is likely to be poor. If that is not what you want to do then clarify what you need.

Actually, you should post this question in a more appropriate forum; this is not a C++ language question. The UI part is not likely relevant; this is a database question. You should describe your use of your database; at least specify whether you are using Entity Framework. The answer is likely a matter of what the SQL or LINQ should be.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, June 3, 2018 6:32 PM