Dynamics CRM Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am working on Dynamics CRM 2013 Installation. And In our installation we are using pre-created Ad Groups.

So we have created a new config file with OU details and installing using command prompt.

but on installation we are getting a issue 

System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.CreateDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found.

so is there any possible fix. Kindly suggest.

Thanks in Advance.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Seems that you've provided unreachable SQL server name in your config file. Recheck it please.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:00 AM
  • Make sure that , The user you are using to install crm has acess to SQL instance.

Sreeni Pavalla

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 9:46 AM
  • Hi ,

I am using the below config file and regarding database I would be provide during the Installation. Through wizard.

<CRMSetup>
    <Server>

<Groups AutoGroupManagementOff="false">
        <PrivUserGroup>CN=PrivUserGroup,OU=CRM,DC=sales,DC=contoso,DC=com</PrivUserGroup>
        <SQLAccessGroup>CN=SQLAccessGroup,OU=CRM,DC=sales,DC=contoso,DC=com</SQLAccessGroup>
        <ReportingGroup>CN=ReportingGroup,OU=CRM,DC=sales,DC=contoso,DC=com</ReportingGroup>
        <PrivReportingGroup>CN=PrivReportingGroup,OU= CRM,DC=sales,DC=contoso,DC=com</PrivReportingGroup>
    </Groups>
    </Server>
    </CRMSetup>

please do let me know for further clarifications.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 8:03 AM
  • Recheck following article that describes installation of CRM using config file - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh699830.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

As far as I understood there is no way to do partial installation - something with config file something manually so you will have to choose one of 2 ways - either full manual installation or full installation using config file.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Thursday, April 9, 2015 8:39 AM