Multiple Contacts per Lead? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a question about merging leads possibility.  Since I have 4 leads with the same company but different contacts, I want to merge these leads to one lead only.  Other words, Anyway I can create multiple contacts per lead?

If anyone has ideas, please advice me.

Thanks,

-Toi

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:12 PM

Answers

• HI toi,

CRM 4.0 you should be able to create a M-M relationship between a lead and a contact.

Cheers,

Karlo
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:15 PM

All replies

• HI toi,

CRM 4.0 you should be able to create a M-M relationship between a lead and a contact.

Cheers,

Karlo
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:15 PM
  • Thanks Karlo.  I'll try to see if it works.

-Toi

Thursday, October 2, 2008 1:52 AM
  • The M-M works, however when I convert the lead I would like for these contacts to then be associated to the Account record as contacts.  How can I do this? 
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 4:46 PM
  • I generally suggest that companies who run into this request use CRM a little differently.  Rather than trying to manage multiple leads for the same company, consider creating a relationship type of Lead on the Account record.  When you find yourself in a position where you have to manage multiple Leads from the same company, enter one Lead into CRM as a Lead Record and convert that Lead to a Contact and an Account assigning the Relationship Type of Lead then add your additional Contact recrods to the Account.

This method usually works much better for this type of scenario.  

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 5:34 PM