Where do I go to check if firewall is set to block communications from my printer to computer? RRS feed

• General discussion

• When I try to print anything from computer I get Communications not available message and to check to make sure firewall settings not blocking. I just got this computer and I think I did incorrectly check answer to block access to a windows website when asked instead of I show allow, allow once, or block access. Now I can't print from my computer to my printer on anything and I could before this happened.  The printer was working fine. 
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:57 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Tuesday, August 4, 2009 5:17 PM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 3:11 PM

All replies

• You are in the wrong forum, however, you can access your Windows Firewall permissions in control panel.  I'm not using the Windows 7 RC anymore but there is an option to change your control panel view to classic view or something similar and click on the Windows firewall icon.  If you are unsure about changing settings you can just click the advanced tab and there should be a button you can click to restore the firewall defaults.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 5:00 PM