CRM 2013: missing conversion of activities to campaign responses RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Recently we upgraded from CRM 2011 to 2013 and now I am looking for a functionality, which I am quite sure was there in 2011: in a campaign I can distribute a campaign activity and get a number of activities of a certain type depending on the channel I selected in the campaign activity (e.g. phone call). When I now process these activities and call the potential customers, I want to track their responses in CRM using the campaign response entity. But what I am missing now is a way to directly convert the activity into a campaign response. I seem to remember that there was a button for this in CRM 2011, but I can't find this button in CRM 2013. Does anybody now abaout this?

Best regards

Daniel

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 9:38 AM

All replies

• Create a campaign and a campaign activity with channel = letter. Distribute the campaign activity.

Now open the letter activity that was created via distribution. Click on Convert To -> Promote to Response as shown in screenshot.

You can convert a phone call activity to campaign response in CRM 2013.

• Proposed as answer by Vasu100ind Monday, February 9, 2015 12:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by DanP76 Monday, February 9, 2015 8:55 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by DanP76 Monday, February 9, 2015 1:33 PM
    Monday, February 9, 2015 12:20 AM
  • Vasavi,

Thanks for your reply! You mean I can NOT convert a phone call to a campaign response? But why?

You are right regarding the activity with 'letter' as channel, I can promote that to a response.

Is there no way to activate this same functionality for phone calls? I am quite sure that it worked in CRM 2011. Is there someone at Microsoft randomly picking functions and deactivating them for new releases? I can't see any logical reason why one should not promote a phone call to a response - I call people and most of them give me responses...

Regards

Daniel

Monday, February 9, 2015 8:55 AM
  • In another forum I got a reply with a screenshot showing that one can promote a phone call to a campaign response in CRM 2013. But for me it is not working.
    Monday, February 9, 2015 1:34 PM
  • Hi Daniel, You can convert a phone call activity to a campaign response, same as with letter. refer to the screenshot below.

Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:06 AM