none
Broken Video Addapter and Storage Controler links in the Windows update. RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying for quite some time now to download 2 'Optional' updates that one of the computers in my home needs; the SD-Card readers haven't been working and some Video driver seems to have bugged; The updates have been listed for quite some time, but they always fail to download; today I clicked on the 'more information' and was brought to a page that said the page I was looking for did not exist. and the other hyper-link option brought me to the Support landing for the FAQ's and general information data; So; I guess my question is.. What happened to the Drivers that my Windows Update says are available and I need for my computer to hopefully work right again?
    Sunday, July 9, 2017 5:50 PM

Answers

• Driver development is done by the hardware manufacturer and then passed on to microsoft. May be better to check the manufacturer's site for firmware and or driver updates. You can also ask general windows update questions over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/update

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, July 9, 2017 6:22 PM

All replies

• Driver development is done by the hardware manufacturer and then passed on to microsoft. May be better to check the manufacturer's site for firmware and or driver updates. You can also ask general windows update questions over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/update

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, July 9, 2017 6:22 PM
  • I hope you will provide KB number or like that of two optional updates you downloaded.

Ashidacchi

Monday, July 10, 2017 1:14 AM