none
Using search RRS feed

• Question

• Using search to find keywords in posts in this new forum does not seem to work. None of the queries I tried gave any result. What's going on?
    Friday, December 12, 2008 11:47 AM

Answers

• You were aware that Hans' suggestion was that you should do the search

site:social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicationsserversetup exchange connection error  (and the other one)

when you were at www.google.com ?

I get lots of suggested links from that ...

(Interestingly it doesn't work at www.live.com - at least for me)
    Friday, December 26, 2008 7:35 PM
  • Search has been updated. Seems to be fixed. Please post a reply if you can repro this issue.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:36 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi,

Can you post the search Keywords and expected result sets?
    Vidhya Sagar. Mark as Answer if it helps!
    Friday, December 12, 2008 12:25 PM
  • VidhyaSagar said:

Hi,

Can you post the search Keywords and expected result sets?

Hello,

I tried searching for 'exchange connection error' in 
    Microsoft > Forums Home > Office Communications Server  > OCS Setup & Deployment and at least expected to find my own post about this subject. But I got the following result:

===================================

Search Results

0 for exchange connection error meta:Search.MSForums.ForumID(489a9d98-082e-4a86... site:social.microsoft.com/forums

Editor's Choice

Sorry, we couldn't find any pages containing exchange connection error meta:Search.MSForums.ForumID(489a9d98-082e-4a86... site:social.microsoft.com/forums

If scripting is enabled on your browser, you will be redirected in 3 seconds to view web results based on your search using Microsoft Live Search. Or please use the search box below to perform your search on the web.

===================================

The actual search query seems to have been:  "exchange connection error meta:Search.MSForums.ForumID(489a9d98-082e-4a86-9773-c79232a87cbc) site:social.microsoft.com/forums"
    Friday, December 12, 2008 12:49 PM
  •  This is an issue that's being worked on, should be fixed early next week. Moving this thread to the bugs forum.
    Forums Product Planner, Andrew.Brenner at Microsoft.com
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 5:42 AM
  • Just to let you know, it still doesn't work
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:21 PM
  • I am having similar problems. Subjects that I know have been discussed in forums (because I've been there before) are not showing up in the search. Today (26 Dec 2008), I searched for "timeseries" in the SQL Server > Data Mining forum. A thread on the first page, third thread down "clustering timeseries example?" did not show up in the result (nothing showed up).
    Friday, December 26, 2008 1:00 PM
  • Use these Google queries:

site:social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicationsserversetup exchange connection error

and

site:social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqldatamining +"time series"

You can copy and paste the site name from the address bar, but you do have to omit "threads" to get results.

Hans Passant.
    Friday, December 26, 2008 1:42 PM
  • All I got was the following (and yes, I am logged in):

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:

• This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.

More information More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

Friday, December 26, 2008 3:09 PM
  • You were aware that Hans' suggestion was that you should do the search

site:social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicationsserversetup exchange connection error  (and the other one)

when you were at www.google.com ?

I get lots of suggested links from that ...

(Interestingly it doesn't work at www.live.com - at least for me)
    Friday, December 26, 2008 7:35 PM
  • Boy, have I got a red face! You are so right; I spaced out on the Google part. Actually, I often find more info on Microsoft sites via Google than from MS's own search engines. Sad but true.

Also, it would be nice if MS put some effort into fixing the problem. I do greatly appreciate this info I've received here and will make extensive use of it until MS improves it's search capabilities.
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 10:45 AM
  • Search has been updated. Seems to be fixed. Please post a reply if you can repro this issue.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:36 PM
    Owner