Problem updating pre-existing rows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm new to the Sync Framework and I use the 2.1 version.

I'm using it to sync  many tables between two SQL servers. Everything works as expected except for a situation.

syncOrchestrator.Direction  is "download" (the process runs on the client and the table can be modified just on the server.

If the client  table at the moment of the provisioning were already populated with some records and I modify these records on the server, the client records does not update with the synchronization. If the same table on the server was empty at the moment of the provisioning, so that the records have been added by the sync process, when I modify a record on the server then the records updates are made.

Is it possibile to sync even the rows already existing on the tables of the client Db? If You think I 've to post some code, there's no problem. I'm sorry for my english ;)

Best regards. Maurizio. 

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:06 AM

Answers

• im guessing you're getting a conflict when the sync process tries to upload a row from the client to the server for the first time and that same row happens to exist on the server as well. subscribe to the ApplyChangesFailed on the remote/server provider and that should give you an idea. if its raising a conflict, you should set which record wins, either the server version or the client version.

• Marked as answer by MaurizioDm Wednesday, September 7, 2011 12:38 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:15 AM

All replies

• im guessing you're getting a conflict when the sync process tries to upload a row from the client to the server for the first time and that same row happens to exist on the server as well. subscribe to the ApplyChangesFailed on the remote/server provider and that should give you an idea. if its raising a conflict, you should set which record wins, either the server version or the client version.

• Marked as answer by MaurizioDm Wednesday, September 7, 2011 12:38 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:15 AM
  • Thanks a lot, I solved!
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 12:38 PM