Problem in sending email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a critical problem in sending emails through CRM. If i send emails from CRM to internal users (within my own domain), my emails get delivered. But if i send email to some other emails elsethan my own exchange (for example hotmail, gmail, yahoo, anyother domain) it doesn't even reach the queue of MS Exchange. I comes into the history of that perticular case/lead etc but doesn't reaches the client. Exchange people say that emails even doesn't reach the exchange server. It is happened all of suddon. Emails were working fine some 3 days back. System got shutdown due to power problem. When started, it created this problem.

Rollup 2 is installed and configured. I don't think that it has to do anything with crm-exchange router. Internal emails are being delivered properly but external emails are creating problem. If we send email to external world using exchange, it gets delivered without problem, it means there isn't any problem with exchange server. Please help!!!

Friday, February 29, 2008 11:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• Dear check this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939402

the reason for not being able to send mail externally from CRM is the Mail server has not been set up correctly.
    You can actually do this without repairing or reinstalling CRM by editing the registry.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906471

following steps:

1. Open IIS Manager
    2. Right click on SMTP server
    3. Click on the Access Tab - Then Click on Relay
    4. Add in your Exchange Servers

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 1, 2008 11:36 AM
  • Hi,

Imran's answer could be a right one, but i didn't try it. Well the problems are

1. "my CRM Server was not directly connected to internet"

2. WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service stops after almost every 15 minutes.

3. If i connect CRM Server to internet through proxy then internet is accessible through CRM i.e. www.yahoo.com etc are accessible, but CRM could not send external emails. it generates log stating "remote host cannot be connected...."

4. hotmail/yahoo reject emails from my CRM due to their policy.

If i give a gateway through which internet is accessible [i.e. no need for a proxy], then it works fine and sends emails to all the external clients except hotmail/yahoo.

I didn't understand the logic. If CRM sends email through exchange server, and exchange server is correctly connected to internet as well, why shall we need internet connection on CRM Server???

Please help me finding solution to all of these questions and problems...

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 5:22 AM
  • Strictly, CRM does not necessary 'send email through exchange server'. It sends email via SMTP to an SMTP server. This could be an exchange server, or the CRM server could be configured to be an SMTP server, or it could be a non-Microsoft SMTP server.

It sounds like your CRM server is configured to be the SMTP server. You can check this by looking at the SMTP related registry values in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM

If you want to change these settings, the safest way is to do a repair installation of the CRM server

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 9:57 AM