Windows Vista Vs Windows XP external Hard Drive Formatting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question.  But I couldn't find a better forum.  Please let me know the right forum if it is not the right one.

I recently brought a External Drive which I formatted using my Vista Laptop.  Everything went well, I could connect and copied my photos into the Hard drive and I can access them well.   But the problem came when I connect the External Hard drive to my XP system at my office.   XP is able to recognize the Hard Drive but it is not able to read any files in XP.    I have formatted using the NTFS format in Vista.  Is there any incompatibilities if I format in Vista to access it in XP.  If so how can I make my External Drive compatible with XP and vista systems.

Thanks,
    Ravi
    • Moved by Kira Qian Friday, November 6, 2009 1:31 AM (From:Windows Forms General)
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 7:21 PM

Answers

• go to the manufacturers website nad grabthe xp driver forthe external it will not read the fiels until you have this loaded intothe xp machine it will see the drive asa device but not be able to read form it
    a similar problem is being caused by netbook since the hd has to be loaded form an external dirv eit has to be one that the os can recognise

we can all laearn together to be better than we are
    • Marked as answer by rtandra Friday, November 6, 2009 5:37 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2009 5:04 AM

All replies