MCITP 2788A Trainer MOCs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys, I'm new to training to SQL Server and have been provided the MOCs by the training institution I work with to perform training for the 70-450 PRO exam.

One of  the courses to be taught is the 'MCITP 2788A Designing High Availability Database Solutions Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005' course, but oddly the MOCs & VMs I got didn't provide any detailed lab instructions like other courses usually provide.

Now since I'm on a time crunch, it would really help if anyone could point me in the right direction as to how I can get my hands on the trainer MOCs for this course, as it comes with some serious VMs I'm not sure about teaching without the proper instructions.

Can anyone in here whom has provided this training before help me out? What did you guys do? Are there any additional MOCs that DO provide detailed instructions?

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 2:20 AM

Answers

• When you log in to the DLC as an MCT, you should see a long list of files. Many of them are the split files that combine into the DVDs. But there are also a few lone files with additional information. The first one that I see is named "2788A Delivery Guide.zip", and is 19 megabytes long. This is the first one that you need, and it does not appear on the list of files if you don't log in with MCT credentials.

The other file (Instructor Notes) should be inside one of the DVDs, but I don't remember exactly where. I only conserve in my hard drive the extracted files, but not the original download. I have the files, and I know that I must have extracted them from one of the DVDs, but I don't remember the precise folder where they wer stored. I think that I downloaded the whole series of files named "2788AT_NoBaseDisks.partxx" rather than the "2788AT_TrainerDVDx_Split" files, since I already had the Base disks. But the contents are supposed to be the same on either download.

• Marked as answer by ZingerLover Sunday, July 18, 2010 11:25 AM
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 11:18 AM

All replies

• The download fo 2788A does contain a couple of resources that should be useful to you: There are the InstructorNotes (9 .doc files compressed in a .zip) and the Trainer Manual (10 .PDF files ziped). Between the both of them you should have a reasonable guide to help you teach the course. Both files are available at the MCT Download Center, but only if you log-in with your MCT credentials. When you log-in with the training center credentials, these files are not visible in the download center.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 7:00 AM
  • The download fo 2788A does contain a couple of resources that should be useful to you: There are the InstructorNotes (9 .doc files compressed in a .zip) and the Trainer Manual (10 .PDF files ziped).

Thanks Alberto,

Ok I'm looking at the downloaded DVDs I have which are two (after gluing the splits together) they are 2788AT1.iso and 2788AT2.iso and neither contains the Trainer Manual zip files your refering to?

As far as this:

but only if you log-in with your MCT credentials. When you log-in with the training center credentials, these files are not visible in the download center.

I didn't use these crediantials the first time I downloaded them, do you mean using my MCT credentials will download a different version of the DVDs that contain the Trainer Manual?

Thanks

Sunday, July 18, 2010 9:27 AM
  • When you log in to the DLC as an MCT, you should see a long list of files. Many of them are the split files that combine into the DVDs. But there are also a few lone files with additional information. The first one that I see is named "2788A Delivery Guide.zip", and is 19 megabytes long. This is the first one that you need, and it does not appear on the list of files if you don't log in with MCT credentials.

The other file (Instructor Notes) should be inside one of the DVDs, but I don't remember exactly where. I only conserve in my hard drive the extracted files, but not the original download. I have the files, and I know that I must have extracted them from one of the DVDs, but I don't remember the precise folder where they wer stored. I think that I downloaded the whole series of files named "2788AT_NoBaseDisks.partxx" rather than the "2788AT_TrainerDVDx_Split" files, since I already had the Base disks. But the contents are supposed to be the same on either download.

• Marked as answer by ZingerLover Sunday, July 18, 2010 11:25 AM
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 11:18 AM
  • Got one of my colleagues (also MCT) to login with their credentials and still couldn't find the "2788A Delivery Guide.zip" file. Don't have a clue why not though.

Thanks for the effort

Sunday, July 18, 2010 12:57 PM
  • I just logged in to the DLC and verified that the file is there. Are you sure that your colleague used the MCT credentials? I have my own Windows Live account associated both to my MCT credentials and to the Certified Partner credentials. When I log-in to the DLC, there is a drop-down list which asks me "Please select an enrollment benefit", and it offers both the CPLS and the MCT options. If I choose the CPLS, I cannot see the Delivery Guide, but if I choose the MCT then I can see it.
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 3:58 PM