Error installation Step 2 Create Enterprise pool. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.
    Help me please.
    During installation OCS 2007 success passed all previous steps with success logs.
    On Step 2 Create Enterprise pool, I`m fill pool name, domain name, backend instance, path's to loga, ABS, Meeting  etc.). After progress bar i receive fail:

Read Pool Attributes       Failure
    [0xC3EC7940] Pool Active Directory object's msRTCSIP-PoolType attribute value is invalid.  

Read Attribute distinguishedName   
    Object LDAP: LDAP://dc5.lexus.local/CN=ocspool,CN=Pools,CN=RTC Service,CN=Microsoft,CN=System,DC=lexus,DC=local
    Domain Controller: dc5.lexus.local
    Attribute Exists: True
    distinguishedName: CN=ocspool,CN=Pools,CN=RTC Service,CN=Microsoft,CN=System,DC=lexus,DC=local
    Success

Read Attribute msRTCSIP-PoolType   Object LDAP: LDAP://dc5.lexus.local/CN=ocspool,CN=Pools,CN=RTC Service,CN=Microsoft,CN=System,DC=lexus,DC=local
    Domain Controller: dc5.lexus.local
    Attribute Exists: True
    msRTCSIP-PoolType: 10
    Success

Why installer set to attribute msRTCSIP-PoolType the value = 10, when it must be 1(SE) or 2(EE)????
    Friday, April 17, 2009 12:00 PM

All replies

• Hello samidster,

This error usually occurs when you unistalled OCS 2007 R2 and after installed OCS 2007.

If is that the case, you will need a R2 server to unprepare the domain, and after you can install again another OCS.

Try to make the following:

Use your OCS R2 2007 server.

Insert in this server the CD of OCS R2 2007.

open CMD

access the directory of the CD (for example, D:)

open the folder amd64 in the cmd, inside the CD
    for example:

d:\setup\amd64

then, type the following commands:

lcscmd.exe /forest:<your forest fqdn> /action:forestunprep /force

ex. lcscmd.exe /forest:contoso.com /action:forestunprep /force

after, type:

lcscmd.exe /domain:<your domain fqdn> /action:domainunprep /force

after this commands, your domain will be clean. Run again your OCS 2007, and the configure again your active directory. You can use the installer of the OCS 2007 to do that.

Tell if that worked, please. It worked with me.

Regards,

Pablo Bertrão
    Monday, October 19, 2009 5:19 PM