none
CPU Usage profiling blank window

Question

• Hi all,

since the Performance Wizard profiling is no longer available due to Spectre/Meltdown patches leading to a hard computer reset, I switched over to CPU Usage profiling. I can start a new session, but when the program exits or I stop the session, the resulting report is just empty. I get a report with 0 seconds duration and no call tree, just an empty window. I tried repairing the Visual Studio 2015 installation, tried different projects, always the same result: empty diagnostic session report window.

Edit: Some details on my environment

Windows 7 Ultimate

Visual Studio 2015 Professional Update 3 (v14.0.25431.01)

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:03 AM

All replies

• The problem seems to be related to my user profile. If I use a different user account on the same machine, profiling works as expected.

I tried deleting the .suo files, settings in my home dir and in AppData, but I still only get a 0 seconds empty report. 

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 12:22 PM
  • Hi Sascha Hausberg,

Whether two users has any different permission in your side?

My understanding is that if it was related to the VS, any users would not use this tool in your machine, so it seems that it was not the VS IDE issue. It is related to the user account in your side.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 31, 2018 6:17 AM