Adding Tracks (Trails) to MS Streets & Trips, any version RRS feed

• Question

• I have any number of GPX files with Tracks for ATVs that I would like to add (import) into S&T as tracks/trails/roads, whatever works. I would like to be able to route on these tracks. At a minimum I would like to be able to see them as lines on S&T. When I import it, they show up as push pins, not roads/Tracks/trails. With GPSbabelGUI I can change the file type, if that would help.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 1:47 PM

All replies

• Pushpins is as far as you can go with Streets and Trips imports.  It will not compute off-road routes because, as the product's name implies, it is roadway-oriented. 

What you could do would be to draw in lines to connect the pushpins into something that would look like routes.  To do this, use the "Scribble" tool of the "Drawing" tool bar with the "Fill color" option set to "No fill."  This will create a line which you can color and change its width that is a series of line from dot to dot.  This line can be editted by dragging the dots around the map as you like.  Therefore, when laying down the "Scribble" line, you need not be to accurate; you can go in afterwards and refine the course of the line.

This will create a visual map of your tracks/trails/roads but it will not be navigatable in the customary S&T mode.

Monday, January 9, 2012 3:18 PM
  • Thanks for  that, not what I had hoped. Perhaps another user will have better news. I also have MapPoint, if that helps.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 9:26 PM