I shut down my PC in the middle of the product key part RRS feed

• Question

• I am building a computer for XXX. I bought my copy of Windows XP Home Edition off ebay. When I opened the CD it was not there, the product key sticker. I shut down the computer I was building for XXX and turned on the good PC. I found out I had pitched the product key. I dug through our trash can and I found it. When I went to reboot the instalation in the middle of the screen it said: SETUP IS RESTARTING. The Windows XP logo on the top of the screen was all white. After 20 seconds it restarted my whole system!

I barely know ANYTHING ABOUT COMPUTERS so please CARFULLY explain your posts

Thursday, October 19, 2006 1:49 AM

Answers

• C#Dude,

Your going to have to re-install from scratch. It sounds like some of the installation files that the computer was in the middle of using were corrupted.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:30 AM

All replies

• C#Dude,

Your going to have to re-install from scratch. It sounds like some of the installation files that the computer was in the middle of using were corrupted.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:30 AM
  • I have a Maxtor 160 gb hard drive. I busted my computer puting it in as a slave. Is there another way to erase it?
    Thursday, October 19, 2006 12:12 PM