none
Windows 8.1 x64 IE 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone use the links on the left of the page or reply button in IE11?   Clicking on reply or view all link next to forums does nothing in browser.  Chrome works ok
    Friday, July 5, 2013 2:58 PM

Answers

• I'm guessing but I think this will be resolved when IE11 RTMs later this year.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 2:44 AM

All replies

• I'm guessing but I think this will be resolved when IE11 RTMs later this year.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 2:44 AM
  • Clicking on reply or view all link next to forums does nothing in browser.

Works fine here.   Try No Add-ons mode?   Oh.  Is this with W8.1 Enterprise?  Apparently there are some quirks happening with it that other W8.1 users (e.g. me on W8.1 Pro) do not see.   Also, it could be significant to disclose the "branding" that you are trying to use.  FWIW this is being done with the "TechNet" branding.   I also use IE11 Preview on W7sp1 and have not noticed any problems with it in this regard.  However, there a difference would be that I can't use the Developer Tools to help diagnose such symptoms.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:53 PM
  • Clicking on reply or view all link next to forums does nothing in browser.

Works fine here.   Try No Add-ons mode?   Oh.  Is this with W8.1 Enterprise?  Apparently there are some quirks happening with it that other W8.1 users (e.g. me on W8.1 Pro) do not see.   Also, it could be significant to disclose the "branding" that you are trying to use.  FWIW this is being done with the "TechNet" branding.   I also use IE11 Preview on W7sp1 and have not noticed any problems with it in this regard.  However, there a difference would be that I can't use the Developer Tools to help diagnose such symptoms.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Robert, check out this thread please: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e455eef3-1461-49b0-b770-3e14df2ff807/needed-more-answerers

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Thursday, September 5, 2013 8:03 PM
    Owner
  • An example URL is this one

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

Here are the errors I see on the page with the developer tools

Sunday, September 8, 2013 10:51 AM
  • Here are the errors I see on the page with the developer tools

I can see some of those by adding  microsoft.com  to Compatibility View Settings (Alt-T b).  This means the User-Agent string is MSIE 7.0.   Check your User-Agent string and Document mode?  (Ctrl-8 in IE11 DT).

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, September 8, 2013 4:44 PM