Does Renew=Upgrade? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All:

Just before I renew my Live Onecare for the 3rd straight year I have a simple question.

I installed my Live Onecare when it first came out and I am about to renew it for the 3rd time but I noticed that there is a newer version 2.0 (I think), now by renewing without actually re-installing the program, will it update it as well to version 2.0? or I may already be updated and never noticed it.  Otherwise I will go out and purchase the hardcopy version instead of renewing online?
    And by the way, how do I know which version I currently have installed?

Thanks in advance,

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 8:29 PM

Answers

• Hello radic202, you should already have the most current build of One Care installed on your computer so there is no need to uninstall. The most current build is v. 2.5.2900.20. To check your build number open One Care>Help>About Windows Live One Care, and you can see the the version number.
    Jim
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 1:06 AM

All replies

• Hello radic202, you should already have the most current build of One Care installed on your computer so there is no need to uninstall. The most current build is v. 2.5.2900.20. To check your build number open One Care>Help>About Windows Live One Care, and you can see the the version number.
    Jim
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 1:06 AM

• Thanks it was the latest version.

Much appreciated!
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 2:19 AM