change case status privileges...how to ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

What are the activity record privileges that must be given to user in order to allow him to change case status

thanks in advance :)

Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:54 AM

Answers

• Interesting question!
    In order to close a case, Dynamics CRM 4.0 creates ‘Case Resolution’ activity. So I would expect that the minimum required to close a case would be (assuming that the user owns the case they are closing)

Case:

• Read (User) – So the user can read the case they want to close
    • Write (User) – So the user can update the status of the case being closed.
    • Append To (User) – So the user can set the ‘Case Resolution’ activity to be regarding the case.

Activity:

• Create (User) – So the user can create the ‘Case Resolution’ activity
    • Read (User) – So the user can read the created activity
    • Write (User) - So the activity can be marked as completed
    • Append (User) – So the user can set the ‘Case Resolution’ activity to be regarding the case.

Anyone care to add to these?!

Scott

Thursday, October 21, 2010 9:50 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi all,

What are the activity record privileges that must be given to user in order to allow him to change case status

thanks in advance :)

• Merged by DavidJennawayMVP, Moderator Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:31 PM Duplicate thread. Please only post the question in one forum
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:45 AM
  • Interesting question!
    In order to close a case, Dynamics CRM 4.0 creates ‘Case Resolution’ activity. So I would expect that the minimum required to close a case would be (assuming that the user owns the case they are closing)

Case:

• Read (User) – So the user can read the case they want to close
    • Write (User) – So the user can update the status of the case being closed.
    • Append To (User) – So the user can set the ‘Case Resolution’ activity to be regarding the case.

Activity:

• Create (User) – So the user can create the ‘Case Resolution’ activity
    • Read (User) – So the user can read the created activity
    • Write (User) - So the activity can be marked as completed
    • Append (User) – So the user can set the ‘Case Resolution’ activity to be regarding the case.

Anyone care to add to these?!

Scott

Thursday, October 21, 2010 9:50 AM
    Answerer
  • You would need "write" access to incident(case) entity. I am not sure why do you need activity record privileges? Is there any workflow or plug-in firing on change status of Case?

Jai Ho CRM http://mscrmkb.blogspot.com Skype - amol.gholap "

Mark as answer if a post has answered the question;
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:00 AM
  • Resolving a case (one of the status changes) involves creation of a Case Resolution activity. So, a user needs Create and Read privileges on Activities to be able to change the status of a case

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com  http://www.excitation.co.uk
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:24 PM
  • And Append/Append To on the respective entities I would have thought - see my previous post above.
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:47 PM
    Answerer