Change the Profile that a Post/Thread is Linked To RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way that I or someone else can change the profile that a forum post is associated with? I have two forum profiles - "WindowsVista567 - old account," which was recently recovered from an account that I had deleted, and "WindowsVista567," which is my current account. Is there any way to modify the "WindowsVista567 - old account" posts to be tied to the WindowsVista567 account, letting me delete the old account?

• Moved by Brent Serbus Monday, November 14, 2011 7:44 PM account merge request (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 5:03 PM

Answers

• As far as I know, this is not yet possible (accounts can not be really merged). 
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    • Marked as answer by Aaron Weiker Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:54 PM
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:45 PM

All replies

• As far as I know, this is not yet possible (accounts can not be really merged). 
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    • Marked as answer by Aaron Weiker Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:54 PM
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:45 PM
  • I, WindowsVista567, created this post under an account that has since been deleted. If you have any questions about this post, I will respond to them from the "WindowsVista567" account, as I no longer have access to this one. Visit the "WindowsVista567 - old account" profile page for more information.

I thought that this might work as a solution that was different from merging the accounts, but I guess I was wrong.

Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:52 PM
  • Are you sure that there is no way to edit the profile that a post is connected to? If it is possible to edit a post and for a post's profile information to update along with the user's profile, then are you sure that there is no way to edit a forum post to change the profile?
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:11 PM