Error: An error occurred while trying to update your synchronization settings RRS feed

• Question

• I encounted a new problem today in Mesh. I have a large folder that includes many pictures (total size > 5 GB). I have previously had trouble with the folder synchronizing properly and I had elected not to include it on my Live Desktop. I have a group of about 60 files that do not seem to make progress in getting transfered from my desktop computer to my laptop.

So today I tried changing the synchronization settings on Live Desktop to add the folder to the Live Desktop. In response, I get an error dialog box with the text: "An error occurred while trying to update your synchronization settings."

I searched the forum and do not see where this has been reported previously. I would like to submit this as a bug, but I do not have Live Mesh listed on my account on Microsoft Connect, and this lack seems to preclude bug submissions.

Any thoughts?

Cordially,

Michael
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

We'd certainly like you to be able to submit your bug!  If you send email to lmprev@microsoft.com asking for access to the Live Mesh Connect site, and include your Live ID, we'll get you access right away.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:31 PM