Windows One Care Advisory RRS feed

• Question

• Ok I got all the latest security updates how do I clear the Advisor link from Onecare ?

Friday, October 24, 2008 4:13 AM

Answers

• The message will remain in the OneCare User Interface until Microsoft turns off  the advisory, even if it has been viewed and the necessary action taken.

The reason that this message stays in the OneCare user interface is to ensure that all OneCare users have a chance to see this message. Even if there are multiple different Windows Users on the computer, it ensures everyone sees the message.

There is no way to turn off this message from the client side, but it will be disabled from the server side within the next few days.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:03 PM

All replies

• Any One this is getting old fast how do I clear the Advisory link out of OneCare I've already taken the nessary measures I don't want to see the Advisory no more

Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:46 AM
  • The message will remain in the OneCare User Interface until Microsoft turns off  the advisory, even if it has been viewed and the necessary action taken.

The reason that this message stays in the OneCare user interface is to ensure that all OneCare users have a chance to see this message. Even if there are multiple different Windows Users on the computer, it ensures everyone sees the message.

There is no way to turn off this message from the client side, but it will be disabled from the server side within the next few days.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:03 PM