Cannot Connect to WHS via Console or RDC RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I have a hp ex495 that has been running fine for several months, until the other day.  Now I cannot connect to the WHS from eithet the Console or RDC.  In addition I cannot access the shared drives and it does not show up on any of the my 3 client PC's and the icon is greyed out.  I can ping the server by address or name with no problems.  This happened in the middle of copying some files and I have not made any recent changes to the WHS or my router.

I have read a lot of the forums where the console was not working, but the RDC and share were, unfortunately not my case.  I have rebooted everything from the server, to clients to router, but no luck.  

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks 

Monday, August 30, 2010 4:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    would Remote Desktop work, if you attempt to access the machine via IP address?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, August 30, 2010 6:24 AM
  • If Remote Desktop via IP address doesn't work, you can attempt the HP Server Recovery process. You'll find it documented in the documentation HP provided.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, August 30, 2010 12:28 PM
  • Could be that the only problem is that your server lost its network connection. Before trying anything drastic (like a server restore) you can try the following:

1. Shutdown your server (by tapping the power button)
    2. Disconnect the servers powercord, wait about 30 seconds, then reconnect.
    3. Switch on the server.

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:42 PM