locked
Possible bug: Mesh doesn't support Linked IDs RRS feed

  • General discussion

  • Hi,
    I just did the following:

    1. Went to home.live.com and logged in using LiveID#1
    2. LiveID#1 is linked to LiveID#2 (see linked IDs at account.live.com) so on home.live.com I switched to LiveID#2
    3. Browsed to mesh.com
    4. Clicked sign-in
    5. Auto signed me in as LiveID#1

    I would have expected to be signed-in as LiveID#2.

    Not sure whether you will consider this to be a bug or not. I know its very much an edge case but nevertheless I still think its a bug - I use LinkedIDs quite a lot and I'm going to want to use them with Live Mesh.

    What do you think?

    -Jamie


    http://jamiethomson.spaces.live.com/ | http://blogs.conchango.com/jamiethomson
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:33 AM

All replies

  • For what it's worth, I have the same problem, as my LiveIDs are linked, and I have to switch back and forth between the two when using the Live Desktop too.  Feel free to open a bug in Connect.

    Thanks!
    Richard
    Richard Chung [MSFT]
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:49 PM
    Answerer
  • DevDuck said:

    For what it's worth, I have the same problem, as my LiveIDs are linked, and I have to switch back and forth between the two when using the Live Desktop too.  Feel free to open a bug in Connect.

    Thanks!
    Richard


    Richard Chung [MSFT]



    Hi Richard,
    Thanks for the reply.

    Unfortunately I can't do that because my status for the connect program is 'Pending' because I was invited by someone else. [N.B. I *should* have access to the Connect program as I am a WL Butterfly but for some reason not all the butterflies got an invite - hence I had to be invited by someone else.].

    Any other way I can register the bug?

    Thanks
    Jamie

    http://jamiethomson.spaces.live.com/ | http://blogs.conchango.com/jamiethomson
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 3:03 PM
  • Hi Jamie,

    We would like for you to be able to submit this bug to the team.  Please send an email requesting Connect access to lmprev@microsoft.com which contains: (a) your Live ID (for use with Connect), and (b) your handle on these forums (to help us track the request).  We will then be able to give you access to our Connect site so that you can submit your bug information.

    Thank you,

    Ben.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:03 PM
  • Ben - Live Mesh said:

    Hi Jamie,

    We would like for you to be able to submit this bug to the team.  Please send an email requesting Connect access to lmprev@microsoft.com which contains: (a) your Live ID (for use with Connect), and (b) your handle on these forums (to help us track the request).  We will then be able to give you access to our Connect site so that you can submit your bug information.

    Thank you,

    Ben.


    No problem. Done.

    http://jamiethomson.spaces.live.com/ | http://blogs.conchango.com/jamiethomson
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:47 PM
  • Jamie Thomson said:

    Ben - Live Mesh said:

    Hi Jamie,

    We would like for you to be able to submit this bug to the team.  Please send an email requesting Connect access to lmprev@microsoft.com which contains: (a) your Live ID (for use with Connect), and (b) your handle on these forums (to help us track the request).  We will then be able to give you access to our Connect site so that you can submit your bug information.

    Thank you,

    Ben.


    No problem. Done.

    http://jamiethomson.spaces.live.com/ | http://blogs.conchango.com/jamiethomson



    Wow. Sorted very quickly.

    The bug is here: https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=341385&SiteID=425
    http://jamiethomson.spaces.live.com/ | http://blogs.conchango.com/jamiethomson
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 11:20 PM