none
my profile keeps staying open RRS feed

• Question

• This has nothing to do with Visual Basic but---- 

If a Microsoft Rep reads this can you find out why my profile keeps staying open regardless of what I do? I had to enter "none" as my place of work to get it to close. And I never opened it in the first place.

Thanks.

Mr. Monkeyboy

You've taught me everything I know but not everything you know.

• Edited by Paul Ishak Saturday, January 12, 2013 11:04 PM Change Thread title
    • Moved by Paul Ishak Saturday, January 12, 2013 11:04 PM (Old) Profile issue, not Visual Basic Question
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:51 AM

Answers

• I don't know who has marked the message from Monkeyboy as abuse, but that one is very selective. 

I've seen this message from at least two others in this forum which are not marked as abuse.

Gives me no good feeling.

Success
    Cor

• Marked as answer by Mr. Monkeyboy Monday, June 18, 2012 2:14 AM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 4:54 AM

All replies

•     If a Microsoft Rep reads this can you find out why my profile keeps staying open regardless of what I do? I had to enter "none" as my place of work to get it to close. And I never opened it in the first place.

Thanks.

Mr. Monkeyboy

Hi,

There was a recent problem with this forums website.

It now appears to have been sorted.

Regards,

profile for John Anthony Oliver at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Click this link to see the NEW way of how to insert a picture into a forum post.

Installing VB6 on Windows 7

App Hub for Windows Phone & XBOX 360 developers.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:06 PM
  •     Obviously

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:08 PM
  •    And who's the A-HOLE that reported my original post as abusive? What a JERKWAD.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:36 PM
  •    And who's the A-HOLE that reported my original post as abusive? What a JERKWAD.

Don't take it personally. 

Most likely someone tried to do you a favor even though on the surface it looks like a slap in the face.

Reported posts get the attention of the forum moderators who in theory would be able to take action on your problem.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:17 PM
  • Your post is off-topic (as you have actually acknowledged) so it will be treated as an abuse of the forum.  It should have been posted somewhere where it can actually be noticed and acted on:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/threads

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:33 PM
  • I don't know who has marked the message from Monkeyboy as abuse, but that one is very selective. 

I've seen this message from at least two others in this forum which are not marked as abuse.

Gives me no good feeling.

Success
    Cor

• Marked as answer by Mr. Monkeyboy Monday, June 18, 2012 2:14 AM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 4:54 AM