ONECARE BETA ACTIVATION RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to activate my ONECARE BETA and when I click "go online", I get a page stating

"Windows Live ID is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later." and have been for a couple of days now.

Saturday, August 11, 2007 3:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• This is exactly what I have been going thru!! Is Live ID really experiencing technical difficulties? Or is there something wrong with the server??  I just want to activate it so I can use full potential benefits, like it tells me before the days are gone and Im not sure if I want to buy because I never got to activate it! 

BUT DONT FEEL ALONE CUZ IT IS THE SAME PROBLEM I HAVE, AND IM SURE THERE ARE MANY, MANY OTHERS OUT THERE WHO ARE ALSO HAVING THIS SAME EXACT PROBLEM!!!

Try & Have A Great Day in Spite of it!

jules1229 (Julie)

Just in case you get any answers on this.please email me and let me know... julhillia6@aol.com

Saturday, August 11, 2007 5:00 PM
  • Why do you want to activate ?

It is written all over the place that the beta should not be activated !

Saturday, August 11, 2007 5:50 PM
  • You Can not activate WLOC 2.0 with a purchased Key till WLOC 2.0 is Released  The current beta can not be activated.

Sunday, August 12, 2007 4:41 AM
  •  GMANIAC1246 wrote:

I have been trying to activate my ONECARE BETA and when I click "go online", I get a page stating
    "Windows Live ID is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later." and have been for a couple of days now.

I feel I should repost this or something. What has been happening is I received an email that read:

Please Activate Your Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0) Today!
    Dear Windows Live OneCare Beta Tester,

{snipped NDA email}

now, I have clicked on the link for the WiFi survey and it does lead me to a Microsoft site for a OneCare WiFi Security Survey. I don't have a WiFi connection and Miocrosoft is in the know about that. I do, however can not go to the online part that I mentioned earlier. This is supposed to be for test purposes only.

Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:32 AM
  • You will have to contact ocbeta@microsoft.com about any activation issues about that your not even suppose to discuss invited activity in the public forums.

If you read the above It says Do not foward this e-mail to any one in the top paragraph. Posting the e-mail is forwarding it. The mods might have to delete this.

(Thank you for being a part of the Windows OneCare Live Beta (v2.0). You’ve been selected to be a part of our Activation and WiFi Security experience testing group, this is an invite-only group so please do not forward this email. At your earliest convenience please activate Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0) using the instructions below).

Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:08 PM
  • As Mikro noted, if you have been invited to activate OneCare 2.0, and are experiencing problems doing so, please email ocbeta@microsoft.com for help or contact support via the Get More Help link here - http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2

-steve

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 1:20 AM