HD Video Add In? RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know if there is a an HD video add in for WHS? Simply put, I have a lot of HD video I would love to server up to friends and family. I thought that Media center came with home server but I guess I was wrong.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 2:06 PM

All replies

• Does anyone know if there is a an HD video add in for WHS? Simply put, I have a lot of HD video I would love to server up to friends and family. I thought that Media center came with home server but I guess I was wrong.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
    You don't need an add-in for that.  You can browse to your server shares and watch HD videos from any PC, or you can use a Media Center PC and an extender (such as an XBox 360) to watch your HD content on a TV.
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 3:41 PM
  • OK, that makes sense. What a video gallery add in for the web. Is there such a thing?

Saturday, October 10, 2009 10:13 PM
  • OK, that makes sense. What a video gallery add in for the web. Is there such a thing?

I believe there are 1 or 2, but I've never really looked because the quality of the video through the internet would be terrible anyways.  You might try checking the add-ins section at mswhs.com or wegotserved.com to see if there is any mention of them.
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 11:39 PM
  • Thank you very much for your reply.
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 1:42 PM