reinstall error RRS feed

• Question

•  

did a reinstall or update as it were of the new powerpack 1... seem to be going fine til the last part of the updates. Apparently when it started the process it failed to read the registry to see what "critical" drivers were installed. i.e my ethernet driver. Which is a Marvell Yukon mini port driver.Yukon 88E8001 32-bit Gigabit Ethernet Controller on an Asus A7N8X-e motherboard. Had the same problem when i originally installed the RTM but it let me load it later. NOW... it is being cranky.Did save the error log but it's on the non-working WHS and i can't get to it. AM going to try to see if i can at least get the ethernet adapter going to send to you but no promises. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. In the mean time will try to undo this problem.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 11:17 PM

All replies

• ok i got the ethernet card to work but..... can't see it from my home computer,,, the message that is diplayed on whs is unable to install whs error code 0 x 80070780. File can not be accessed by the system. Am doing a new install and i know i will lose my shares glad i didn't put any thing on there of any value. BETA IS BETA...

Got and answer let me know.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 11:50 PM
  • A little confused with what your repro steps were and what your problem is ...

Did you have a running home server and apply the Power PAck 1 update?

Or did you download the ISO burn a DVD and then do a Server Reinstallation?

Thursday, June 12, 2008 12:27 AM
  • i had a running rtm whs, i then downloaded the power pack 1 install from my understanding the update was only for a few who had installed the bug fix.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 12:35 AM