having problems downloading one care on the other pc RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am clicking on install one care for the other computer and I get an error message. dynamic link kernel32.dll what does this mean I have nothing on this computer right now and needing something fast.
    Friday, January 25, 2008 2:19 AM

Answers

• What is the operating system of the PC you are trying to install on? That error usually happens if you are trying to install to an unsupported OS. OneCare can be installed on XP SP2 (32 bit only) or any version of Vista (32 bit or 64 bit).

-steve

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:24 AM

All replies

• What is the operating system of the PC you are trying to install on? That error usually happens if you are trying to install to an unsupported OS. OneCare can be installed on XP SP2 (32 bit only) or any version of Vista (32 bit or 64 bit).

-steve

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:24 AM
  • I am not sure this is a really old computer it has windows 2000 I think it is an IBM

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:27 AM
  • Yes, as I expected, you can't install OneCare on that PC - Windows 2000 is unsupported.

Go to www.avast.com and look for the free home edition of Avast. It is a pretty decent free antivirus solution that works well on Windows 2000.

-steve

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:33 AM