User Permission to Work on TASK activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

On creation of CASE, I have some TASK activities created and assigned to the relevant teams. I want to restrict only users from that Team should be able mark the task as Complete or Close.

How can i restrict any user who does not belong to the Team (Team is the owner of the Task) from marking it as complete or close?

For example

Case ABC has two Tasks (Task1 assigned to TEAM-A and Task2 assigned to TEAM-B)

Any user from TEAM A should not be able to work/mark Task2.

There are two places user can mark task as complete. On the Case from Activities section, user can hover over Task, the COMPLETE hyperlink is made visible. And second on the Task form itself.

Please help how can i achieve this, to restrict non team users (for that task) from complete the task?

Thanks,

Shameem

Friday, January 29, 2016 12:05 PM

All replies

• Any CRM gurus Any ideas, any suggestions??

Changing the design now is not possible for some reasons. I need to fix this urgently. 

I am thinking of disabling all controls on the Task form once i check if the user belongs to the Team to which the task is assigned or not. 

But on the CASE form Activities section, how can i control. Is there a way to check user belong to which team and disable or not show the complete link which is generally visible on mouse hover?

Appreciate your help in advance.. 

thanks

Shameem

Friday, January 29, 2016 1:34 PM
  • There are 2 issues you need to get past with this design:

• You cannot set specific permissions on the task entity - it is an activity entity and all activity entities have the same permissions. Theoretically you could grant minimal permissions on the activity entity, then grant additional permissions by sharing, but this would have a major performance overhead
    • Completing a task involves setting the state. There is not a separate access right for SetState - this is controlled by the Update right

You could get around both of these issues by writing a plugin on SetState of the task entity, and throwing an exception if the user does not have the rights. This maybe not the ideal user experience, but is probably the best you'll get

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Friday, January 29, 2016 1:57 PM
  • Only load of the form check user team and show/hide Complete button based on team

Regards Faisal

Friday, January 29, 2016 3:26 PM