Windows 10 Money 2005 UK not working. Proposed registry fix RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry if i have repeated this problem on another link on this forum. I have just downloaded Windows 10 and my Money 2005 UK will not work,i.e. asking for IE6 app. Can  someone give me a novices step by step guide as to how to do the registry key change.

many thanks

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:28 PM

All replies

• Why not try the solution provided in any of the several threads dealing with this issue and see if it works for you.
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:51 AM
  • I have gone the easy route and restored windows 10 back to windows 8.1. I had to reinstall Money 2005 Uk from my saved disc and everything works fine. I will not bother with windows 10.
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 6:47 AM
  • Although i have left Windows 8.1 on my wifes computer (with Money 2005 UK on), i have downloaded Windows 10 onto my laptop which also has got Money 2005 UK on. I then took the bold decision to do the registry value change as prescribed in this forum and "hey presto" it worked and my Money opens up and works fine. Not sure if this is a temporary fix or a long term fix
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 5:58 PM
  • Hi Have money 2005 and win 10 ASks to reinstall IE6 can you kindly give me the link to reg hack thnx in advance
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 8:25 PM
  • Hi Snowy

Just put this link into your web address box and follow the simple instructions to change the registry value

HTTPS://techjourney.net/microsoft-money-requires-internet-explorer-6-to-function-properly-error-in-windows-10

After your money works you will have to change date format settings in windows 10 as it automatically defaults to american dates,i.e. mm/dd/yyyy. If you dont you will notices all of your existing transaction dates will be changed to american format,so you will have a problem downloading bank statements due to the conflicting date formats.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 8:50 PM
  • Thanks for the link, superb life saver. Hvent needed to change the date format but will keep it in mind

Cheers

Monday, August 3, 2015 9:18 AM