Unable to install KB2705118 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having major problems with my WHS 2011 which I hope someone can assist with. No matter what I do I am unable to reinstall Rollup 3.

The problem was discovered when I tried to add my MediaCenter PC and it kept failing to add to the server and the event log kept saying that the kb2705129 cab was corrupt. I uninstalled KB2705118 on the WHS, rebooted then tried to reinstall it to no avail. It failed to install so I then followed the MS guide at MS KB2509997 again to no avail. I've also tried renaming the system32\catroot2, and SoftwareDistribution\Download and Datastore folders to no avail.

When I run SFC /SCANNOW from an elevated CMD prompt on the server the log does show corruption and I have attached the CBS Log here should anyone be able to help.

Please can anyone offer a solution to this so I can cure the corrupt files and get the Rollup reinstalled. 

Thanks,

John

Saturday, September 22, 2012 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

After reviewing the CBS.log, it seems that there are no errors included, At the end of the CBS log, I got the following:

2012-09-22 14:33:38, Info  CSI    0000050f [SR] Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction  have been successfully repaired

I think you need to run System Update Readiness Tool to verify the issue, BTW, any  findings in the WindowsUpdate.log?

Title: System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008

URL: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

This tool will repair the component store.

Regards,

James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

Hi James,

This did not cure my fault so I formatted my server and reinstalled from scratch.

John

• Marked as answer by WeeHappyPixie Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:56 PM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:56 PM

All replies

• *** Update ***

I have tried uninstalling every windows update and hotfix and also any addins rebooted and reran SFC /SCANNOW and the CBS Log still shows errors. No matter what I do I cannot get this update to install.

Feel it's going to be a reinstall.

John

Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:26 AM
  • Hi,

After reviewing the CBS.log, it seems that there are no errors included, At the end of the CBS log, I got the following:

2012-09-22 14:33:38, Info  CSI    0000050f [SR] Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction  have been successfully repaired

I think you need to run System Update Readiness Tool to verify the issue, BTW, any  findings in the WindowsUpdate.log?

Title: System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008

Regards,

James

James Xiong

Monday, September 24, 2012 9:49 AM
  • Hi,

Regards,

James

James Xiong

Hi James,

This did not cure my fault so I formatted my server and reinstalled from scratch.

John

• Marked as answer by WeeHappyPixie Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:56 PM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:56 PM