none
Recent Activity not updating RRS feed

Answers

• The activity blackout was on 7/19 for about 10 hours. The data is not lost, but it may not be reprocessed until early next week. We initially thought it would take a day but it's taking longer (long story).  I'll update this thread and probably create a sticky post for known activity/recognition issues later today so people can keep up to date on the various issues/bugs that have been scattered about this forum.

For the most part activities and alerts should currently be working as expected.

Friday, July 22, 2011 5:05 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• I can confirm this is broken again
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:17 AM
  • +1
    Hannes

If you have got questions about this, just ask.

In a perfect world,
    users would never enter data in the wrong form,
    files they choose to open would always exist
    and code would never have bugs.

C# to VB.NET: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:22 PM
  • Twice in about 4 days!!!! And points stopped increasing as well, as usual.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:44 PM
  • Looking into it. Thanks
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:44 PM
    Answerer
  • Brent,

Just want to let you know that it's not fixed completely. The missing activities are still missing even if they are now resumed. I need all of them restored and points allocated.

Thanks in advance.

My blog
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:56 PM
  • System started working again but lost all activates and points!  

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:17 PM
  • Thanks, working on it. Nothing was lost, it's just going to take a while to correct.
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:59 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Brent!

It works indeed for new activity the activity from in between is still not available, how long should this take before it is comming back?

Regards Ronny
    -------------
    Visit my Blog or follow me on Twitter
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:15 AM
  • Not sure yet, I'll report back tomorrow. I think there was a backlog of about 10 hours but I'm not sure how long it'll take to shove them all back through the system at this point.
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:46 AM
    Answerer
  • Is it just me who still loves the old point system displaying all the accepted answers and posts ?
    Ashraf ul Islam
    Sharepoint Consultant
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:09 PM
  • Brent,

Even the new activities some are missing.

Say, I have an answer in this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/0b7e45be-0be2-4419-bec3-1d06bae784c7 which is not listed in my activities nor did it count towards my points.

My blog
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:36 PM
  • It could take 24 hours for an activity to be processed but we'll take a look.
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:30 PM
    Answerer
  • The activity blackout was on 7/19 for about 10 hours. The data is not lost, but it may not be reprocessed until early next week. We initially thought it would take a day but it's taking longer (long story).  I'll update this thread and probably create a sticky post for known activity/recognition issues later today so people can keep up to date on the various issues/bugs that have been scattered about this forum.

For the most part activities and alerts should currently be working as expected.

Friday, July 22, 2011 5:05 PM
    Answerer
  • Brent,

After it will be added back, will we be able to see it? E.g. we may see the points increase, but will we see what threads were marked if we have lots of recent activity?

My blog

Friday, July 22, 2011 5:39 PM
  • If the reprocessed activities were the last 50 or so, you'll see them, otherwise not. The actual view of activities only renders the last 50 or so.  But we'll obviously let you know when we do this so you can see your points adjustments.
    Friday, July 22, 2011 5:44 PM
    Answerer
  • Brent,

thanks for keeping us updated

Regards Ronny
    -------------
    Visit my Blog or follow me on Twitter
    Friday, July 22, 2011 5:50 PM
  • Oh well...

I do like out of curiosity always go through the list of recent marks and check (and sometimes if I notice a typo in a reply I fix it). This time I will not be able to satisfy my curiosity.

My blog
    Friday, July 22, 2011 5:52 PM
  • Hi,

I also have recieved the email alerts on 20 July, 2011 regarding Marked as Answer etc.. but unfortunately the forum score is not updated till today and those answered are not even listed in my profile recent activity.

I have answered around 8-10+ questions. I have also have uploaded the profile recent acitvity screenshot for refrence purposes http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/unledduae.png

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:19 AM