Group Chat Install Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I am attempting to install Office Communicator Group Chat Server on a Windows Server 2008 Standard 64 bit server.  When I get to the install screen where you are prompted to enter the pool name (listed as host) and browse for the MTLS Certificate I don't see a certificate listed.  I have verified the pool name, tried the OCS Standard server name, tried the CA's FQDN, and nothing shows an available certificate.  Can you shed any light on the issue?

Thanks,

Nate
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:58 PM

Answers

• All,
    The issue was resolved by placing the certificate in the Computer -> Personal Store.

Thanks,
    Nate
    • Marked as answer by NSNateS Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:16 PM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:16 PM

All replies

• You need to create a certificate for the Group Chat Server first: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd441364(office.13).aspx
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 9:48 PM
  • Jeff,
    I have created a certificate per the steps outlined above and the installation process still doesn't locate it at the Server Configuration screen, any ideas?

Thanks,
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:48 PM
  • HI

first create the certificate from ROOT CA remmber the certifcate subject name should be the FQDN of the server on which you are instilling the group chat server also SAN name should be the same.The install it on the group chat server. so when you will get this prompt
    GO TO THE BROWSE and Chosse the Certifciate which you have installled.

Regards
    Zahoor Ahmad
    PC solutions
    DELhi
    Friday, August 7, 2009 10:58 AM
  • All,
    The issue was resolved by placing the certificate in the Computer -> Personal Store.

Thanks,
    Nate
    • Marked as answer by NSNateS Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:16 PM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:16 PM
  • You need to create a certificate for the Group Chat Server first: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd441364(office.13).aspx
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS

Jeff,
    I would like to point out 3 things that the Technet article fails to make clear.
    1. You should create the certificate in the certificate wizard in OCS
    2. The Subject Name should be the GC sever, the SAN name the OCS pool name
    3. The certificate needs to be installed on the GC server in Certificates -> Computer Account -> Personal store

Thanks,
    Nate
    Friday, August 21, 2009 2:51 PM