none
Power Shell/ Visual Studio/ error ASPPARSE: The file ..... does not exist RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

While compiling my VS2017 Web Forms project via PowerShell 5, I get the following error which is preventing the project from being compiled:

/-u/DimaWeb/Account/RegisterExternalLogin.aspx(1): error ASPPARSE: The file '/-u/Site.master' does not exist.
    PS C:\>

The Power Shell code I am using to compile my project is:

PS C:\> $aspnetCompiler = (Join-Path $env:windir 'Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_compiler')
    >> & $aspnetCompiler -p "C:\Users\Steve\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\DimaWeb" -v /-u "C:\DimaWebCompiled_test"

DimaWeb is the name of my VS2017 Web Forms project and my various files and folders relating to the project are housed in that folder which is in a folder in Documents. I would like to compile that DimaWeb folder and save the compiled files inside DimaWebCompiled_test on my C drive before uploading those files to my Web hosting service.

I do not understand the error or how to correct it. I have a aspx file called RegisterExternalLogin.aspx in my VS2017 project, but not RegisterExternalLogin.aspx(1). It is in my Account folder:

I also have a file called Site.master which, as far as I know, I do not use:

I am not sure what it means 'parser' error, but how do I correct it, please?

Thanks

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 1:28 PM

All replies

• You might ask in the following forum.

https://forums.asp.net/18.aspx/1?Web+Forms

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 3:35 PM