Open resource in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have EPM 2010 RC1 installed on a server with BCM active. Some users have Project 2010 Beta and others have Project 2007 sp2.

Everyone works in the system with no problems. Some users have Windows Vista with Project 2007 and when they try to edit a resource rate in PWA (open in Project 2007) the button is not available.  They have permissions, they also have the site in the trusted zones, with low security in the IE 8 settings, have the UAC disabled and still the button is not available.

If I try to edit the global template or edit a calendar, I get the message that I should have Project 2007 or 2010 installed on my machine.

Any thoughts?

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 1:56 PM

Answers

• Joao:

The most common cause of this is a mismatch between the URL you use to connect to PWA in your browser and the URL you use to connect Project Pro with Project Server in the Project Server Accounts dialog.

The next most common problem would be an Active X prohibition in your browser security settings. Although Microsoft touts 2010 PWA as and Active X free zone, PWA still uses an active X object to launch Project Pro locally. So, Active X settings must be correct for this to work.

Do either of theses sound like possibilities? Let us know.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    • Proposed as answer by Sriram E Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by JoaoCostaPT Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:47 PM
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 7:25 PM