MsMoney won't let me add my bank RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to find my old MsMoney disk but for the life of me, cannot find it. Therefore, I downloaded the msmoney program and in trying to set it up, I find that it will not allow me to add my bank info. It starts the little button going before I can even click on the first initial of the bank. When it stops it says "Sorry, this information cannot be accessed at this time. Please try again later.' But later never comes.

I desperately need to know how to fix this and get my money file up and running again.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Monday, June 10, 2019 2:06 AM

All replies

• What version of Money were you using?  What localization (North America, UK, International English, other?)  What version did you download and install?
    Monday, June 10, 2019 3:42 AM
  • I am not sure what version I  was using initially. Seems like was 3.1 but not sure. I downloaded something but it sure doesn't look like MsMoney. I'm in North America. I considered buying the Just Checking app for $14.99 but since there are no refunds and scant information about the app, I decided to pass. Maybe I can find something similar online. 
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:34 PM
  • I am not sure what version I  was using initially. Seems like was 3.1 but not sure. I downloaded something but it sure doesn't look like MsMoney. I'm in North America. I considered buying the Just Checking app for $14.99 but since there are no refunds and scant information about the app, I decided to pass. Maybe I can find something similar online. 

Open a command window, and try this command:

dir \msmoney.exe /s

Let it run. It may take a while. What is the date on the file? That should help identify what vintage of Money you are running.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:32 PM