Reloading sync file everytime RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I am using the Local Data cache wizard with VS 2008, my server DB is a SQL Server 2005 DB . As of now, I am trying only a unidirectional sync and want to reflect any changes on the server to a SQLCE DB. For my test cases, not only do the DELETES not work, I have to reload the LocalDataCache.sync file every time before I execute for the updates and inserts to be reflected.

Is there any way to make sure my changes are reflected and to make my deltes work? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 7:55 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, April 23, 2008 2:24 PM

All replies

• there are serveral steps you can follow to nail this down:

1. check if data was inserted to the tombstone table on the server after you deleted the data ?

2. use sql profiler to see if the data was selected when sync occurs

3. enable the ApplyingCHanges event on the client provider to see what data you got from the server.

if all the above 3 checks are fine. that indicates some issues on the client to apply the deletes, then you can do:

4. enable the ApplyChangeFailed Event on client provider to see if there are any conflicts, failures etc.

if all above seems to be fine, please provide more details and then we can look further.

thanks

Yunwen

Saturday, April 26, 2008 1:48 AM
  • Thanks for the response Yunwen. I tried the above.

The result:

Data is inserted into the tombstone. data is also downloaded during sync . the applychanges event is hit also and the ApplyChangesFailed does not show any errors. I believe it checks for the changes and gets them, but does not update the client database.

I have another issue too. When I want to vertically or horizontally partition the data, I enter the commands in the xml and it works OK for horizontal partitioning, but doesnt for vertical! When I want to go back and get entire table to see if my deletes and partitions worked, it still gives me problems.

Sorry for this muddled up question. Summary is, how do get the changes applied in my client database to match those retrieved by the sync from the server? sounds simple enough, but I couldnt get it to work all weekend!

Forgive me if the solution is obvious, but do help me see it - and thanks again!

Monday, April 28, 2008 4:37 PM