Need help for uninstalling Office Communications Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I have a lab environment for OCS 2007. I installed 2 OCS Standart Edition servers to test moving users between them. Everything works fine. Now I want to uninstall OCS 2007 from one of the servers. I followed the "Starting, Stopping, Deactivating, and Uninstalling Standard Edition Servers and Servers in an Enterprise Pool" section in the "Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Administration Guide".

I successfully deactivated and uninstalled the Web and A/V Conferencing Servers. But I cannot neither deactive not uninstall the Web Componentes Server. I face the following:

• When I right-click the OCS server and choose deactivate, the Web Components Server option is grayed.
    • When I go to Add/Remove Programs, select Mirosoft Office Communications Server 2007, Web Components Server, and choose Change the uninstaller says that one or more services are still active and that if I continue, obsolete computer or domain settings will remain in the Active Directory.

So how can I deactivate the Web Components Server so that I'm able to continue the uninstallation process?

Thanks in advance,

Lubo.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:11 AM

Answers

• I finally found the solution:

1. Start a Command Prompt
    2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007>
    3. Run the following command: LCSCmd.exe /Web /Action: Deactivate. The most important actions that this command does are the following:
      • deletes the respective records from the Active Directory
      • removes the registered SPNs for the Web Components Servers
      • removes the OCS 2007 Applications from the Default Web Site in the IIS

After performing the above steps, uninstalling the OCS Web Components Server from Add/Remove Programs works fine.

Hope that help someone else,

Lubo.

Thomas, thank you for your time and for the help.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:01 AM

All replies

•  

Have you tried de-installation under the local administrator account (not the domain administrator)?

/Thomas 

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:41 AM
  • Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your fast response.

I tried to de-install under the local administrator account, but the same thing happens again - the uninstaller says that obsolete computer or domain settings will remain in the Active Directory.

Lubo.
    Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:51 AM
  • Is there a way to deactive it again under the domain administrator and de-install it under the local administrator?

Thomas

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:58 AM
  • I finally found the solution:

1. Start a Command Prompt
    2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007>
    3. Run the following command: LCSCmd.exe /Web /Action: Deactivate. The most important actions that this command does are the following:
      • deletes the respective records from the Active Directory
      • removes the registered SPNs for the Web Components Servers
      • removes the OCS 2007 Applications from the Default Web Site in the IIS

After performing the above steps, uninstalling the OCS Web Components Server from Add/Remove Programs works fine.

Hope that help someone else,

Lubo.

Thomas, thank you for your time and for the help.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:01 AM
  • Hello,

I have similar problems with my OCS:

When I run this command: LCSCmd.exe /Web /Action: Deactivate or other command like for example:

Lcscmd /web /action:updateexternalpoolurls /externalwebfqdn:<WebfarmFQDN> /poolname:<poolname>

It performs some checks and then it crashes.

And I was noticed that it crashes every time at the same step:

Executing "Read Attribute msRTCSIP-TrustedServerFQDN"

Executing "Read Attribute msRTCSIP-TrustedServerVersion"

Executing "Validate Pool FQDN DNS registration"

Executing "Check Trusted Server Entry"

Executing "Check Active Directory Object CN={B7EF8AAC-0CA2-4E67-B919-6F4615C7959

A}"

Executing "Check Web Components Server IIS Virtual Directory Setting"

Executing "Check WMI Setting"

Executing "Class MSFT_SIPMeetingInviteSetting"

<crash>

Please help me to resolve this issue...

Friday, November 9, 2007 10:06 AM