none
Mappoint 2006 to S&T 2013 Conversion RRS feed

• Question

• I saved a lot of routes using Mappoint 2006 and was wondering if there's any way to get them into Streets and Trips 2013. It's not a big deal since I still have Mappoint installed on my laptop.

Thanks,

Jon

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:57 PM

All replies

• Yes, but it will be very convoluted.

You have two problems: S&T does not recognize MapPoint ptm files;  S&T2013 will not recognize data files produced by very old versions of S&T.

So you need to save your MapPoint maps as Street & Trips .est files. MapPoint 2006 is going to give you something along the lines of S&T 2006 files (might be 2005 though - I don't know for certain).

I'm pretty certain these are too old for S&T 2013, so you will then need to find an intermediate version of S&T (say, 2011) and use that to convert them. The same method could be used with MapPoint - ie. use an intermediate version of MapPoint to save as S&T files that S&T 2013 can read.

As I said, convoluted. And a lot of hassle. Old versions of both S&T and MapPoint can often be found through retail outlets at heavy discounts. EBay can be a useful source, but buyer beware - only go for a proper sealed retail package.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:18 PM