none
How to intersperce responses within quoted text RRS feed

• Question

• When I quote a message to respond to it, the quoted text has a grey background.  My response below has a white background.  If I try to enter any response within the quoted text, it also has a grey background which makes it hard to distinguish.  This occurs if I type the response directly, cut and paste from the bottom of the message with a white background, or copy and paste from an external window such as Notepad.

I see numerous messages where the quoted text is broken up with areas of responses in a white background followed by more quoted text with a grey background followed by a response with white background ...

How can I enter my response in the middle of some quoted text so it has a white background?

Monday, August 27, 2018 10:00 PM

Answers

• Wrap the quote in html tags like; <blockquote><p>some quoted text</p></blockquote>some reply<blockquote><p>more quoted text</p></blockquote>another reply

using the HTML editor. I usually compose these in notepad.exe, then paste it into a blank reply's HTML editor. Above would result in;

some quoted text

some reply

more quoted text

another reply

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, August 27, 2018 10:12 PM