none
Azure certification help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

I'm working with Microsoft technology for few years now,  I want to get a certification,  but  I cant get the appropriate source of learning and take my exams.    I  google it and I found places that want to charge you for 5 days camp thousands of dollars,  I  check Microsoft site and I got broken links or going around websites.  community colleges takes months of going to classes.  

I would like to take online classes then pay for my exams and getting done.  

Thanks 

Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Vicky,

Welcome to the forums :-)  based on what you have said about costs of courses, I assume you're looking at the Azure Administrator Associate exam?  These have changed several times over the past 6 months (and changed again this week!  Thanks Microsoft!).

So now the Azure Administrator exam is the AZ-103 (this was announced yesterday) and covers a decent level of topics around compute, PaaS, DR, networking etc.

As this is a new exam, there isn't a set plan you will find for this anywhere, however it replaces the AZ-100 and AZ-101 exams, which do have information online.  

You can pay for Pluralsight or Linux Academy subscriptions, which are both great sites.  Opsgility also have great hands on labs at skillmeup.com, which is again paid for (but not very expensive).  Hands on labs are a vital way of learning and so I would recommend these.

However, if you don't want to pay at all then the MS docs pages are where you want to go - pretty much all Azure exam questions are based on the docs.microsoft.com site.

I know a guy who has put all of the links for the old AZ-100 and AZ-101 (which was also had a separate exam with the same topics on called AZ-102).  All of his study notes and links can be found here and they are really useful:

https://thomasthornton.cloud/2018/12/28/microsoft-azure-exam-az-102-preparation-tips-and-study-notes/

I hope that helps with what you need?

Good luck on your journey and let me know if I can offer any further assistance.

Thanks,

Matt

Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Vicky,

Welcome to the forums :-)  based on what you have said about costs of courses, I assume you're looking at the Azure Administrator Associate exam?  These have changed several times over the past 6 months (and changed again this week!  Thanks Microsoft!).

So now the Azure Administrator exam is the AZ-103 (this was announced yesterday) and covers a decent level of topics around compute, PaaS, DR, networking etc.

As this is a new exam, there isn't a set plan you will find for this anywhere, however it replaces the AZ-100 and AZ-101 exams, which do have information online.  

You can pay for Pluralsight or Linux Academy subscriptions, which are both great sites.  Opsgility also have great hands on labs at skillmeup.com, which is again paid for (but not very expensive).  Hands on labs are a vital way of learning and so I would recommend these.

However, if you don't want to pay at all then the MS docs pages are where you want to go - pretty much all Azure exam questions are based on the docs.microsoft.com site.

I know a guy who has put all of the links for the old AZ-100 and AZ-101 (which was also had a separate exam with the same topics on called AZ-102).  All of his study notes and links can be found here and they are really useful:

https://thomasthornton.cloud/2018/12/28/microsoft-azure-exam-az-102-preparation-tips-and-study-notes/

I hope that helps with what you need?

Good luck on your journey and let me know if I can offer any further assistance.

Thanks,

Matt

Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:26 PM
  • Thanks for your quick response. 

great information!!  

One more thing where can I pay for the Exam ? any special Microsoft website. 

Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:10 PM
  • Hi Vicky,

For register ,schedule your certification exam date and pay you can use below url.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/azure-exams.aspx

Please click "Mark as Answer" if it solved your issue and/or "Vote as helpful" if it helped. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:20 PM