Error Reports RRS feed

• Question

• Dear MS 

I have a question that I would like answered by a real life human being please. If I've got MS XP on my computer and when there is an error with my internet as there was today where I was working mid stream on a number of pages trying to work my google mail acc and contact another company website at the same time when the whole thing decided to crash. Full Stop.

That is what happened anyway but its not why i'm contacting you. I just what to let you know for what its worth that after this happened an error report dialogue box appeared and offered to send a report of this mini disaster to the company. Well I don't normally send on a report but to day I though well,,, why not.  So I sent it on!

Well the outcome was a frozen error report dialogue box on my screen that blocked my view and which could only be removed by clicking "don't send". That some how feels ironic or idiotic. The error report is broken what chance have we when something thats actually a problem occurs. Will I have to ring customer service. I dread the thought. 

Yours Sincerely

John Grogan

Monday, June 11, 2012 11:08 AM

Answers

• MGA is the umbrella that includes Wndows Genuine Advantage, and Offce Genuine Advantage, and the assocaited Windows Activation Technologies.

www.microsoft.com/genuine

It has (almost) nothing whatever to do with IE problems - and theis forum specifically, is for feedback on teh program, rahter than troubleshooting.

The MS social forms of which the GA forums form part are in general intended for the professional user, rather than the home user, which is why I redirected you to the Answers forums, which are more suited to the sort of problem you are experiencing, and where you stand a much better chance of getting the problem identified and solved.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Monday, June 11, 2012 1:02 PM

All replies

• Please post your problem to a more appropriate forum - this one is for feedback on the WGA program, not for problem-solving with IE. You should post in the IE Answers forums here...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/windows_xp

Monday, June 11, 2012 12:04 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Noel but this thing appears v difficult to navigate. I didn't even realise I was in a specific forum. What is Microsoft Genuine advantage and why isn't it a good place to make complaints about the error report not working??

Monday, June 11, 2012 12:43 PM
  • MGA is the umbrella that includes Wndows Genuine Advantage, and Offce Genuine Advantage, and the assocaited Windows Activation Technologies.

www.microsoft.com/genuine

It has (almost) nothing whatever to do with IE problems - and theis forum specifically, is for feedback on teh program, rahter than troubleshooting.

The MS social forms of which the GA forums form part are in general intended for the professional user, rather than the home user, which is why I redirected you to the Answers forums, which are more suited to the sort of problem you are experiencing, and where you stand a much better chance of getting the problem identified and solved.

Monday, June 11, 2012 1:02 PM
  • Windows XP is now over 11 years out and support for this dated operating system will soon end.  It would be prudent to consider purchasing a new modern computer that comes with the highly acclaimed Windows 7 preinstalled.  Here are some examples.

Carey Frisch

Monday, June 11, 2012 1:21 PM