Have an HA / failover head node? Follow this thread... RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi everyone, I'd like to let you know that we are investigating a problem with the installation of Service Pack 1 on a pair of HA head nodes.

The instructions that we'd posted are incomplete, and don't work in all scenarios. We're working to verify our new set of instructions, and also to enhance the service pack installer to help take care of some special HA-related steps.

When we have the updates available, I'll reply to this thread. Until then you should skip installing the service pack on your HA cluster. (non-HA clusters, and client machines are fine)
    Friday, August 14, 2009 10:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Don
    So let's say that SP1 has already been installed on an HA cluster, and the install appeared to complete successfully. Should the service pack be uninstalled and reinstalled following the new process (once available), or is it safe to leave the service pack in place?
    Thanks very much
    Dan
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:12 AM
  • Hello Don
    I wonder if you could comment on a ballpark ETA for the updated Service Pack installer & instructions please? I'm in the process of planning deployment of a cluster configured with HA head nodes, & would rather deploy with SP1 already installed should the updated installer be available in an appropriate timescale.
    I don't mean to push you guys, this is mainly a request from a planning perspective but if the updated release is months off it'd be good to know.
    Thanks and regards
    Dan
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 9:34 AM