Live OneCare won't work with Windows 7? RRS feed

• Question

• Why can't I get it to work with Windows 7? 
    If all is not lost, where is it?
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 9:23 PM

Answers

• Hello Larry, it sounds like you downloaded the trial not the beta. The beta can be downloaded here - http://www.eset.eu/download/beta I recommend the antivirus, not the Smart Security suite. Also as a reminder, regardless of which antivirus you install it will most likely include antispyware so disabling Defender is a good idea.
    Jim
    • Marked as answer by LarryE1946 Sunday, January 11, 2009 4:58 PM
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 3:44 AM

All replies

• Hello Larry, One Care is not compatible with Windows 7.  There are many antimalware solutions that work with Windows 7 such as AVG, Avast, Kaspersky, NOD32 and others as well.
    Jim
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 10:15 PM
  • Thanks.  My subscription runs out in April, will I get a prorated rebate for the 3 months or is that just a loss on my part for beta testing Windows 7?
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 10:49 PM
  • Hello Larry, I don't think you can get credit for any unused time on your subscription.
    Jim
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 11:43 PM
  • When is the new Microsoft free anti-virus coming out?  I'm sure that will be compatible with Windows 7.  But in the meantime, I need something and if the free is going to be good, I don't want to pay for another subscription.  Any ideas?  And thanks for your input.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 12:17 AM
  • Hello Larry, Morro is due in the second half of 2009 but that can change. AVG and Avast are free, Kaspersky has a free offering for the beta and there is a NOD32 beta which is free to use through the end of March.
    Jim
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 1:10 AM
  • Thanks again Jim.  I downloaded the NOD 360 but it says it's only good for 14 days.  I tried to download the Kaspersky beta, but it kept bombing out.  Maybe I'll start it later on tonight.  I can imagine that a lot of people are in the same boat as I am.  Wish they would hurry up with Morro.  LOL

Thanks again for your help.  I appreciate it.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:35 AM
  • Hello Larry, it sounds like you downloaded the trial not the beta. The beta can be downloaded here - http://www.eset.eu/download/beta I recommend the antivirus, not the Smart Security suite. Also as a reminder, regardless of which antivirus you install it will most likely include antispyware so disabling Defender is a good idea.
    Jim
    • Marked as answer by LarryE1946 Sunday, January 11, 2009 4:58 PM
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 3:44 AM
  • Thank you kind sir.  Uninstalled the other one and downloaded NOD32 without even a stutter.  Thanks for your help and the link.  Appreciate it.

Have a great week.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 4:58 PM